Mrs. Sara Walker
Name: Sara Walker
Sara Walker is a native Texan, originally from the Fort Worth area. She now calls Harlingen her home. She is a graduate from Concordia University Texas with a Texas teaching certificate and a degree in Lutheran Teaching. She is very excited about instilling a love of learning in all her students. In her free time she enjoys reading, walking, movies, and shopping. She enjoys meeting new people and feels very blessed to be in the Rio Grande Valley.
Current teaching assignment: Kindergarten
Degrees/University: BA Concordia University Texas
Number of years teaching: 4
Number of years at St. Paul: 4
Reminders, Help Wanted, Donations, and Special Thanks. Week of May 20th-24th
- All library books are due Monday, May 20th. No more books may be checked out.
- No School –> Monday, May 27th
- Last Day of Kindergarten is Wednesday, May 29th with Early Release at 12: 30 p.m. (Childcare will be provided if need be.)
- Please make sure all fees and fines are paid in full to the school office before graduation.
- Kindergarten and 8th grade graduation is Wednesday, May 29th at 7 p.m. at St. Paul Lutheran Church. Please meet in the Parish Hall between 6:30-6:45 p.m. Students may wear their “Sunday Best” clothes. Please keep in mind they will be wearing a graduation gown but no cap.
- Practice writing and counting 1-100 (Watch for backwards numbers too.)
- Cc, Oo, Gg, Aa, Dd, Ss, Ll, Ii, Tt, Ff, Ee, Hh, Uu, Bb, Rr, Nn, Mm, Pp, Vv, Ww, Kk, Qq, Jj, Xx, Yy, Zz
- To all the students for their wonderful gifts, cards, and kind words through out the school year.
- To all the parents who donated their time and supplies to the classroom. Your help was greatly appreciated.
Looking Ahead…Week of May 28th and 29th
- Review of letters, sounds, word building, and story writing.
- Review of numbers 1-100
- Read alouds
- Enjoy your summer vacation!
- Encourage your child to read every day!
- Share bible stories with your child every day!
- Have your child introduce themselves to Miss Rudy. Send her a hand written note about what they are looking forward to the most in 1st grade.
A Peek At The Week…May 20th-24th
Week of Review
- Word Building
- Story Writing
Words of the Week
Review of randomly selected words learned through out the school year.
- No memory verse
- Story of Lydia
- Numbers 1-100
Science and Social Studies
- Summer Night Bugs
- Summer Fun